Crime Log 3/24

by Nathanael King / Beacon Staff • March 24, 2016

Monday Feb. 29

A student reported having their wallet stolen while inside the Chinatown MBTA stop. A credit card belonging to the student was fraudulently used at the CambridgeSide Galleria.

 

A contractor working at the Little Building reported finding graffiti written on it.

 

The Boston Fire Department and Emerson College Police Department responded to the Walker Building for a fire alarm. A community member to pulled it on the fifth floor in response to an electrical odor. There were no fire or injuries to report.

 

Tuesday March 1

An ECPD officer on patrol noticed that someone had vandalized the glass door to a fire suppression station. Facilities Management was notified for repair.

 

Wednesday March 2

An officer found that an unknown motor vehicle had struck the Cutler Majestic Theater display case located at the entrance to Allen’s Alley. The accident caused minor damage to the container.

 

Thursday March 3

An employee of Salvatore’s Restaurant on Washington Street activated a fire alarm when he accidently struck a pull station while carrying pots and pans. Salvatore’s is next door to the Paramount Center.

 

Saturday March 5

ECPD confiscated two large kitchen knives that were found by a resident assistant while conducting health and safety checks in the Piano Row residence hall.

 

Monday March 14

ECPD took a meat cleaver that was found by Office of Housing and Residential Life staff in the Colonial Building residence hall.  

 

Thursday March 17

A Securitas officer stationed at the Paramount Center turned over $100.00 that they found in front of the building to ECPD.

 

ECPD received information that a student may have been a victim of a robbery in the vicinity of 116 Boylston St.

 

A student reported their wallet was stolen in the vicinity of Washington and Boylston Streets. A credit card was used fraudulently before the student could cancel it.

 

Saturday March 19

ECPD and BFD responded to the 12th floor of Piano Row for an alarm. Upon arrival they found that someone had removed a fire extinguisher and discharged it in the hallway causing a smoke alarm to activate.